Clear Lake City Park, Clear Lake, Iowa
Your registration will help fundraise for Clear Lake’s Everybody Plays outdoor playground!
It’s down-to-earth easy.
Get a run on your competitors with the Clear Lake Earth Days 5K and 10K – the region’s popular early season chip-timed race Saturday, April 27.
It’s down-to-earth and easy. Just click here to register to run.
Note: Get Me Registered does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact me and I can sign you up manually. You can also register on race day in the Lakeview Community Room in City Park. Race forms also are available at the Clear Lake Area Chamber of Commerce office.The race will begin at 9 a.m. and start at Clear Lake City Park. The course will follow South Shore Drive. All streets are open to vehicular traffic. Course marshals will control major intersections. The race will be chip-timed to ensure reliability and accuracy for runners as well as quick results.
The 5K route is USATF certified. This means that a nationally standardized method of measurement was used, and that those measurements were checked by professionals to make sure that the shortest possible route is at least the stated distance. The maximum amount of error allowed between the official measurements is 0.08% to put it simply USATF certification means the race course was measured much more accurately than driving the course in a car or using a GPS watch to get the distance.
Awards will be given to the top three males and top three females in the following age brackets: 13 and under, 14-18, 19-24, 25-29, 30-39, 40-49, and 50 and over. Prizes will be awarded to the overall winner in the men’s and women’s competition.
Earth Day FAQ’s
• Streets around City Park will be closed to allow for a traffic and vehicle free start. There may be some large dumpsters and trailers parked on the street as part of the regular Earth Day activities. These will be placed in locations to minimize impact/interference with the race start.
• The race starts promptly at 9am
• Suggested arrival time 8am-8:30am (parking is limited and you will have to walk or run to the start area)
• Weather in North Iowa in April can change by the hour. Currently there is no bag drop option we are exploring options. Please plan and dress accordingly for the weather.
• The nearest bathroom to the start and finish lines are at the Lakeview Room/Band-shell.
• Main Street bathrooms are located between Bikers and Rookies Sports Bar.
• A number that is worn on your T-shirt
• Contains a “chip” on that is for timing
• Do not bend, crumple, fold etc your bib as this may damage the chip and you will not have a time
• Must be worn on the outermost piece of clothing
• Do not have any wires from headphones touching the bib
• Must be worn in front – never behind or on the leg
• United States Track and Field certified 5K
(this means it was measured using nationally recognized methods and is as accurate as it gets to being accurate.)
• 10K is NOT certified
• Takes place on open to traffic roads hard surface paved roads (start and finish are closed to traffic)
• (please be mindful of vehicles, course marshals will be major corners to help minimize traffic on the course)
• Do not show up to packet pick up at the Green Expo early and expect to check in. If we are ready early – bonus!
• Do not show up to registration 10minutes before race start. You will not get registered in time and will miss the race start
• If you anticipate doing any walking please line up toward the back of the lineup
• Do not block the path of other runners wishing to pass
• Do not farmer blow without looking
• Follow all directions given by volunteers
• Thank all volunteers and sponsors (please)
Packet Pick Up
• Thursday April 25th 5pm-7pm Green Expo at the Surf Ballroom Surfside Lounge stay and check out the Expo while you are there.
• Friday April 26th 8am-5pm at the Clear Lake Chamber Office.
• Saturday April 27th (race morning) 7am-8:45am
• City Park is the start and finish location for the race, and is a highly used park we need to respect.
• Do not litter this is an Earth Day race be clean, throw your trash in a trash can.
• Parking is limited and prohibited around City Park, plan to arrive early to find a nearby parking spot (VFW, Arts Center, and Rookies parking lots are only a block away from the park but fill up early)
• Plan to stay and enjoy the other events and activities planned for the day
• True Time Racing is doing the race timing this year.
• Results will be posted at the Lakeview Room and will be available online
• Without sponsors the race could not happen, sponsors make the race better and keep entry fees low
• Look at your shirt and any banners at the event so you can visit and patronize them!
• There is a water stop along the 10K course only located at State Park, 10K runners will pass the water stop twice.
You can have a front row seat to the race when you volunteer. It’s especially easy on line this year.
Here’s how it works in 3 easy steps:
1) Click this link to volunteer opportunities see our SignUp on SignUp.com:
2) Review the options listed and choose the spot(s) you like.
3) Sign up! It’s Easy – you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on SignUp.com.
Note: SignUp.com does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact me and I can sign you up manually.
A children’s “Fun Run” is set for 11 a.m. Saturday, April 27 at City Park as part of the Earth Day festival following the community cleanup. This is for children from kindergarten through fifth grade. Children will run by grade level. There is no registration and each participant wins a prize. It is designed to encourage outdoor fun for grade schoolers.
For more information about this or any of the Earth Day activities, please contact the Clear Lake Area Chamber of Commerce office at 641-357-2159.