Trash Bash Community Cleanup
Clear Lakers are so great at pitching in for their community!
And we’re hoping to do that again this year, with a cleanup week of April 19-24th.
We do want everyone to be safe, of course, and adhere to social distancing of staying a minimum of 6 feet from each other, wear masks when possible. If you are part of a team, think of it as a virtual team and take turns at the site.
We’ll post updates on where the trash can be dumped as we get closer to the date.
But in the meantime, reserve your favorite cleanup site(s) by registering today! Thank you!Register now!
Thank you and BE SAFE!
Teams Participating This Year in 2021
- Association for the Preservation of Clear Lake
- CL Girls Tennis
- CL Tel
- CLEAR LAKE BANK AND TRUST COMPANY
- City of Ventura
- Clear Lake Girls Golf Team
- Clear Lake Jaycees
- Clear Lake Rotary
- Evelsizers and Friends
- FIRST Congregational Church
- Friends of Trolley Trail
- Hope Kids: Lutheran Church of Hope - Clear Lake
- Iowa Regular Baptist Camp
- Lahner Family
- Little Lions
- MBT Bank
- North 35th St. Neighbors
- Plagge Family
- Simply Nourished
- Swarty\'s llc
- Team VFW
- Trash Busters!
Green Jacket Challenge
Augusta isn’t the only place to win the coveted “Green Jacket” in April. We have our own competition.
The winner is based on the following factors: number of years helping with the community cleanup; difficulty of cleanup site; number of volunteers. (Plus complex algorithm, shrouded in the tradition and mystery of the Masters,)
Winning teams have their name embroidered on the Green Jacket. Master’s Challenge Title Holders include
- 2020 – Clear Lake Evening Lions
- 2019 – North Iowa touring Club, North Iowa Spin, Spin and Devo, and Wayne’s Ski and Cycle.
- 2017 – MBT Bank
- 2016 – CL Tel
- 2015 – Team VFW 4868
- 2014 – North 35th Street Neighborhood
- 2013 – Clear Lake Evening Lions
- 2012 – Clear Lake Church of Christ
- 2011 – Association for the Preservation of Clear Lake
- 2010 – Clear Lake Bank and Trust
To view locations, click the blue icon to enhance the map and then click the green icons to register.
Trash Bash Registration
- Hwy 18 – North Side from I-35 to North 20th Street
- Hwy 18, North Side from N. 20th Street to N. 8th Street
- North 8th Street from Hwy 18 to Main Avenue
- Hwy 18, North Side of road, from N. 8th Street to Buddy Holly
- Hwy 18, South side of road, from N. 8th Street to Buddy Holly
- Hwy 18, North Side, from Buddy Holly to N. 9th Street W.
- Sunset View School
- Hwy 18 from North 8th Street W. to North 9th Street W. (North Side)
- Hwy 18, North Side, N. 9th Street W. to Four Winds Dr.
- Hwy 18 from North 16th Street West to Fareway ( South Side)
- Hwy 18 (South Side) North 9th Street W. to Four Winds Drive
- North Shore Drive (Harbourage) to Venetian Village on Lakeside
- Armour Pugh Park
- Hwy 18, North Side, Orchard Court to Clark Road
- Public Access Orchard Ct
- Dogwood Ave from 260th Street to Hwy 18
- Clark Road from Hwy 18 to North Shore Drive
- Hwy 18, Clark Rd to Mcintosh Rd
- Venetian Drive Neighborhood
- Four Winds Neighborhood
- Public Access 813 N Shore Dr
- Public Access Beach Drive
- Public Access Mars Hill Dr
- Bike Trail Indigo to Killdeer Avenue
- Hwy 18, South Side from N. 20th Street to N. 8th Street
- 235th Street from Cardinal to Balsam Avenue
- South 8th Street from Main Avenue to 6th Avenue South
- Public Access 20th Ave S
- From Outlet to South Lake View
- Woodford Island
- Public Access 17th Ave S
- Clear Lake State Park and Beach Area
- South Shore Drive -State Park Entrance to Lekwa Marsh
- Sisters’ Prairie Bike Trail
- Pine Tree Park
- Public Access 18th Avenue South
- Public Access 16th Avenue South & South Shore Drive
- Public Access Behind 1513 South Shore Drive
- Public Access 15th Avenue South
- Public Access 14th Avenue South
- Public Access 13th Avenue South
- Boat Launch Bayside Near PM Park
- Hwy 18, North Side, from McIntosh Road to Main Street Ventura/S-14
- Hwy 18, South Side from McIntosh Road to Main Street Ventura/ S-14
- McIntosh State Park
- Lynn Lorenzen Boat Ramp Access Park
- Ventura Grade (Between lake and marsh)
- E Lake St, McIntosh to Lynne Lorenzen
- Ventura Cove Bike Trail
- McIntosh Road from Hwy 18 to North Shore Drive
- 242nd St Ventura Heights
- 235th Street Ventura, IA