- Streets around City Park will be closed to allow for a traffic and vehicle free start. There may be some large dumpsters and trailers parked on the street as part of the regular Earth Day activities. These will be placed in locations to minimize impact/interference with the race start.
- The race starts promptly at 9 a.m.
- Suggested arrival time 8 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. (parking is limited and you will have to walk or run to the start area)
- Weather in North Iowa in April can change by the hour. Currently, there is no bag drop option, but we are exploring options. Please plan and dress accordingly for the weather.
- The nearest bathroom to the start and finish lines are at the Lakeview Room/Band-shell.
- Main Street bathrooms are located between Bikers and Rookies Sports Bar.
- A number that is worn on your T-shirt
- Contains a “chip” on it that is for timing
- Do not bend, crumple, or fold your bib, as this may damage the chip, and you will not have a time
- Must be worn on the outermost piece of clothing
- Do not have any wires from headphones touching the bib
- Must be worn in front, never behind or on the leg
- United States Track and Field certified 5K (this means it was measured using nationally recognized methods and is as accurate as it gets to being accurate)
- 10K is NOT certified
- Takes place on open-to-traffic, hard surface, and paved roads (start and finish are closed to traffic)
- Please be mindful of vehicles. Course marshals will be at major corners to help minimize traffic on the course.
- Do not show up to packet pick-up at the Green Expo early and expect to check in. If we are ready early – bonus!
- Do not show up to registration 10 minutes before race start. You will not get registered in time and will miss the race start.
- If you anticipate doing any walking, please line up toward the back of the lineup.
- Do not block the path of other runners wishing to pass.
- Do not farmer blow without looking.
- Follow all directions given by volunteers.
- Thank all volunteers and sponsors (please).
- Thursday, April 16th 5 p.m. – 7 p.m. Green Expo at the Surf Ballroom in the Surfside Lounge. Stay and check out the Expo while you are there.
- Friday, April 17th 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. at the Clear Lake Chamber Office.
- Saturday, April 18th (race morning) 7 a.m. – 8:45 a.m.
- City Park is the start and finish location for the race, and it is a highly used park we need to respect.
- Do not litter. This is an Earth Day race, so be clean and throw your trash in a trash can.
- Parking is limited and prohibited around City Park. Plan to arrive early to find a nearby parking spot (VFW, Arts Center, and Rookies parking lots are only a block away from the park, but they fill up early).
- Plan to stay and enjoy the other events and activities planned for the day.
- JMS Racing Services is doing the race timing
- Results will be posted at the Lakeview Room
- Without sponsors, the race could not happen. Sponsors make the race better and keep entry fees low.
- Look at your shirt and any banners at the event, so you can visit and patronize the sponsors!
- There is a water stop along the 10K course only, located at State Park. 10K runners will pass the water stop twice.
- Spectators are encouraged at the start and finish line, around the park, and throughout the course. Spectators need to stay out of the way of the racers. This is crucial at the start and finish lines where they must stay behind the finish chute/fence.
- Get up early
- Help instead of race
- Are the backbone of any event
- Will help keep you safe, so listen to them
- Please thank them